Monday 3 August 2009

Day 3: Vannes - Nantes


The weather keeps improving - from rain in Brest to overcast in Quimper, to sunshine from Vannes. And this, however strange it may seem, may become a major problem, simply because the heat itself is tiring - although in a nice way.

Today, I met another bicyclist on my way from Saint Nazaire, and after a few kilometres he invited me to have a beer with him at his place. Thus, I had a small (and somewhat bumpy) coversation in French with his family, while I enjoyed an incredibly refreshing drink. Thanks for your hospitality, Modeste! :-)

About Nantes, it is a city with a scent of power, most prominently demonstrated by the massive fortress downtown, prolonged by a huge cathedral, and further strengthened by an obelisk surrounded by open space. Impressive.

Foodwise, I haven't figured out what the local speciality is, and opted for duck. Good, although not as smashing as yesterday's fish.

That's about it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment